Sex Crime Defense Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA
Accused of a Sex Crime? Being accused of a sex crime is a serious matter. If you are being investigated for, or charged with, a sex crime, contact one of our knowledgeable Los Angeles Sex Crime Defense Attorneys at Law Advocate Group, LLP immediately to discuss your legal options. Do not speak with anyone from law enforcement until you have consulted with an attorney from our office. You have rights; protect them and protect yourself! Sex crimes cover many behaviors, all with harsh consequences. In California, sex crimes include the following behaviors by and among adults:
- Solicitation – Prostitution Rape (Spousal rape and Statutory Rape)
- Indecent exposure
- Child abuse
- Internet prostitution or solicitation
- Sexual assault or sexual battery
- Lewd acts in public
If a person is accused of a sex offense and is proven guilty, that person can be convicted of a felony and can face serious penalties. The penalties for sex crimes can range anywhere from informal probation to formal probation, fines, treatment programs, sex registration for life, county jail and even state prison. Also, the accused or convicted person faces a lasting social stigma and often loses the ability to obtain housing or gainful employment.
California Sex Crime Laws | Law Advocate Group, LLP
In sex cases where consent is an issue, consent is defined to mean “positive cooperation in act or attitude pursuant to an exercise of free will.” California Penal Code section 261.6. Consent does not include any of the following factors:
- The accused used a condom or other birth control device
- The victim complied with the act to avoid possible injury or death
- The victim didn’t resist the attack
- The accused and the victim are or had been dating.
Internet Sex Crimes | Sex Crime Defense Attorneys in Southern California
Online sex crimes are a growing area of sex offenses. These crimes mainly involve children and may include disseminating indecent materials to minors via chat rooms, child pornography and endangering the welfare of a child by advertising child prostitutes. Because these offenses cross state lines via the Internet, a convicted person could face a tough combination of state and federal penalties.
Megan’s Law & Sex Registration in Los Angeles County
Under California’s Megan’s Law, the names of convicted sex offenders can be viewed on the California website www.meganslaw.ca.gov. This enables the public to view information on sex offenders who are required to register with local law enforcement. However, approximately 25% of registered sex offenders are excluded from this public disclosure by law, based on the type of sex crime for which the person is required to register.
As you can see, sex offenses are serious, complex crimes that require complex defenses. That is why it is imperative that you retain the counsel of experienced Sex Crime Defense Attorneys to assist in your defense. There are a number of possible defenses available to use in a California sex crime, including:
- Proven consent
- Insufficient evidence
- No witness
- Mistaken identity
- Lack of physical evidence (for example, DNA).
Sex Crime Defense Attorney in Los Angeles, California
If you have been accused of a sex crime in southern California, hiring the right Los Angeles sex crime attorney is absolutely critical for the best outcome to your case…and your life. At our firm, we can help defend you against these types of charges. Some of the ways we can help are:
- Arranging for bail, for bail reduction or for an OR release — being released on your promise to return and appear in court
- Understanding the possible penalties and likely outcome of the case
- Hiring an investigator to interview witnesses and gather evidence favorable to your case
- Arranging for a lie detector test
- Negotiating with the prosecution for a reduction of the charges and sentencing, including elimination of sex registration
- Presenting the best legal defense for your case and vigorously challenging the prosecution to prove their case
- Seeking alternative sentencing programs such as house arrest (electronic monitoring), residential treatment, counseling and informal probation.
CONTACT A LOS ANGELES SEX CRIME ATTORNEY AT LAW ADVOCATE GROUP, LLP IMMEDIATELY. YOU HAVE RIGHTS; PROTECT THEM AND YOURSELF.
Find a Los Angeles Sex Crime Defense Attorney with Decades of Experience
Our Los Angeles Sex Crime Defense Attorneys are based in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles where our lawyers have acquired over 80 years of combined experience in legal representation. Our skills and knowledge are a top resource for our clients that has been recognized by industry peers and judges. If you have a criminal matter specifically involving a sexual assault or sex crime, please take a moment to fill out the form below so that we may get in contact with you.